Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Mounted Sergeants Complete and some Red Box Games Commission Pieces

I'm happy to report that I have completed the final two Mounted Sergeants from Fireforge Games.  These are fantastic miniatures and I'm very pleased with how the models came out.  Once I have my hands on some infantry (they're in route, I ordered them today) they will see service using Games Workshop's Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game (the skirmishing game).  I really like the mechanics and the ease of play of the rules.

Here are the final two miniatures.  The Captain's name is Hemond and I am open to suggestions for the surname.  He has a nice cloak and I reversed to the colors on his shield to help distinguish him on the battlefield.  Those familiar with the LotR rules know he will have a dismounted version completed of him as well.  As always, I am open for comments and criticisms.  I still haven't gotten the hang of painting white horses yet, but I am happy with the result.

Next picture is all 12 miniatures massed.


A while ago I painted some fantastic Aenglish miniatures from Red Box Games.  I sold them when I realized that they wouldn't match well with the FireForge sergeants.  The buyer asked me to paint a few more miniatures for him from Red Box Games.


No comments:

Post a Comment